Beginning July 5th, 2012, PLATFORM CAFE, BAR + TERRACE launched its Thursday night events programme, with happenings ranging from art exhibitions, film screenings and performances to live music, poetry readings and themed supper clubs. The Thursday night series is about opening up our unique venue to serve as a platform for the production of ideas born from the local creative community and beyond. We now welcome a diverse range of cultural producers to submit proposals for how they would like to see the space employed, including guest curators, producers and artist collectives. If you are interested in submitting your own event or exhibition proposal for review, please visit www.platformlondonfields.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you are an artist interested in having your 2D or 3D work exhibited at Platform Gallery, our resident guest curator reviews artist submissions on a rolling basis for possible inclusion in small, thematically curated group exhibitions. A complete artist submission – to be submitted via email to email@example.com – includes:
- 10 representative images of your work. These should represent you as an artist and not merely be 10 images of a single work that you wish to exhibit
- An artist statement
- A CV
GUEST CURATOR PROPOSALS
If you are a curator and have an idea for an exhibition that you would like to propose or would like to travel an existing exhibition to our venue, please forward a full proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org. A complete proposal consists of:
- Contact details for the exhibition administrator and/or curator, including an e-mail address and daytime telephone number
An exhibition description outlining the premise and central themes of the exhibition
- A list of artist names, including links to their portfolios. If an artist does not have a portfolio that is accessible on the web, please forward 10 representative images, an artist statement and a CV on their behalf. If it is a proposal for a solo exhibition, please send 10 images that represent the artist’s entire body of work and links to his or her website
- If the exhibition exists concurrently elsewhere, please send a link to the other venue’s website, an existing press release and/or representative images of the exhibition as it is installed
- The proposed dates of the exhibition and the opening and/or closing receptions
* Please note that for guest curated exhibitions, installation and deinstallation is overseen by the resident curator to ensure that the works comply with building standards. The work associated with install and deinstall will be carried out by a member of your own team, which means that all mounting supplies and AV equipment shall be provided by you.
We host a wide range of events and are open to seeing our unique space repurposed in a multitude of ways. If you are interested in holding an event at Platform, please forward a full proposal to email@example.com. A full proposal consists of:
- Contact details for the event producer, including an e-mail address and daytime telephone number
- An event description outlining the nature of the event.
- The proposed dates of the event and number of people you expect to attend.
Pig House Pictures: The Uncontained Edition Exhibition – July 5, 2012
Illustrations by Joseph Goode – September 20, 2012